San Marcos Ace Race on Saturday (details here)
The 5th Annual San Marcos Ace Race will be held this Saturday, October 13th at Montiel Park in San Marcos. The event is sold out, with 150 players pre-registered. If you’re pre-registered, we will start check-in at 8:30am, handing out player packs (2 discs, water bottle, sunglasses, mini). We will hold a player’s meeting at 9:45, or sooner if the check-in line for pre-registered players empties. After the player’s meeting (around 10am) play begins. Some details:
– You can make you own groups – no more than 8 players, so as not to block the flow of play.
– Only throw tee shots, one per hole. Just because you have 2 discs does NOT mean you can throw two tee shots to finish faster. That’s cheating.
– Only count aces and metal hits – skips, rolls, slides into the base count.
– Play your 36 holes straight through or at your own pace. You just have to finish by 3:30pm so we can give out prizes.
– We will have a Mini Ace Race – $1 to play 9 holes. Rules are the same as the Ace Race. The winner splits the cash pot with our charity (EDGE).
– We will have a separate hole-in-one contest. $1 for two throws, 1st prize is a DGA Mach III basket.
– We will be bringing in pizza and drinks – yours for a small donation.
Oops!!! I didn’t pre-register! Can I still play?
The event is sold out. We don’t have a waitlist, but here’s what you can do:
Show up on Saturday AFTER we have had a chance to check in all of the pre-paid players. Once that line is empty, we can start registering walk-up players. Since we won’t have a players pack for you, you will need to find a pre-paid player who is willing to let you borrow one of their (2) Ace Race discs. The only way you can participate is if you have an official Ace Race disc to use. We will register you for the regular fee ($25), order your player pack on Monday and give you the player pack once they are shipped to us.
We expect to start signing in walk-up players around 10:30, which will be after the pre-registered players have had their player’s meeting and can start playing. When the pre-registered players check in, we will let them know that there are players who want to use their extra disc, so you shouldn’t have to explain the whole thing to them.
Please don’t show up early to ask us if we can sign you up. We have a lot of work to do to check in 150 pre-registered players and set up the course, so we don’t have time to deal with that until we get everyone checked in and started playing.
There will not be enough parking in the parking lot at Montiel Park. Your best bets are to carpool, and to park a few blocks away from the park at the Coles/Turner Outdoors parking lot or Gateway Church. We will be bringing in pizza (for a donation) at lunchtime and will have water and gatorade.