Ace Race on Sunday – Last Chance to Sign Up!!!
This Sunday, Sept. 12th, is the date for the 3rd Annual San Marcos Ace Race. Held at Montiel Park in San Marcos, the Ace Race has turned out to be one of the most-fun disc golf days in San Diego County each year. The combination of cool discs and schwag, fun competition, good food, and great friends is tough to beat.
The original order of 70 player packs has been sold out, but a second box of goodies is now on the way from the Discraft folks back in Michigan. Based on the number of snail mail and e-mail entries that have come in in the past few days, these will not last very long, so sign up ASAP. For $25 you will receive 2 brand-new prototype Discraft discs (not yet released for public sale!), a Discraft Ace Race hat, a full-color mini-Ultra Star and new this year, a metal Ace Race bag tag. All of this comes out to be a $67 value.
We described how the Ace Race is played in an earlier post, so we won’t repeat it here. But here’s a rundown of what you can expect on Sunday:
- 36 holes of Ace Race play that can start at 10am (or whenever you want) but must finish by 3:45pm.
- An optional ace pot – $1 per share – the more shares you buy and aces you hit, the more you win.
- A “mini Ace Race” using the Ace Race mini discs on a course of mini baskets. $1 per round to play, play as many as you want, best Ace Race score splits the pot with the Aces.
- Kan Jam – learn how to play this cool disc game, kinda like horshoes but with a disc and slam-dunking. We’ll probably have a Kan-Jam tournament.
- The ever-popular San Diego Aces BBQ grill, thanks to Randy Wylot, featuring those great Costco hot dogs!
- Ace Race doubles! Anyone who has finished their 36 holes by 2pm can enter. Just you, your Ace Race disc and a putter – A/B random draw, $5
- And I’m sure the TD will come up with something else…
More info on the event, including registration details can be found here. Don’t wait until Sunday!!!!