Brengle Terrace Work Party on Saturday, 7/20 (and other news)
Highlights from Tuesday night’s marathon board meeting:
– Brengle Terrace work party this Saturday, 7/20 from 8am until sundown. Come for however long you can. We will be re-installing holes 14 & 15 in new locations. Meet at tee #16, please bring tools for digging. The baskets will NOT be re-installed until all work is done, so if you want these holes open soon, please help out.
– Kit Carson baskets 16, 17, 18 should be back in place by the end of next week. It’s taking a little longer in order to make the baskets vandal-proof. Course Rep Tony Buck has some tricks up his sleeve.
– 6th Annual San Marcos Ace Race is August 10th. Sign-ups are only $25 on DiscGolfU.com. This event is run as a fundraiser for EDGE (Educational Disc Golf Experience), helping put discs and baskets in our local schools! The Ace Race will be the last big event at Montiel before the big remodeling project that will add trees, ground cover and irrigation to the course.
– The Open @ Sun Valley is Sept. 7&8, played on the 18-hole Sun Valley layout. PDGA & SoCal event. Sign-ups later this week on DiscGolfU.com.
– Sun Valley August Monthly (Sunday, 8/18) will be played on the 18-hole layout as a warm-up for the O@SV.
– Basket #16 at CSUSM is being relocated to the area near holes 17 & 18. The new hole will become hole #18.
– Goat Hill has added new carts!
– Sycuan has set up a 3rd set of tees on all 9 holes.
– Closing in on 600 members for 2013!
– North vs. South will be played in October. Qualifier events for both teams will be announced soon.