San Diego Aces Kick Off 2011
The Board of Directors of the San Diego Aces Disc Golf Club met this past Monday night (1/10/2011) to select officers and discuss goals for the upcoming year. The officers for 2011 are as follows:
- President – Ryan Meyer
- Vice President – Randy Wylot
- Treasurer – Michelle Chambless
- Secretary – Jeff Nichols
- Membership Director – Daniel Lichtman
- San Marcos Course Representative – Allen Risley
- Kit Carson Park Course Representative – Mark Verrochi
- Sun Valley Course Representative – Aaron van Matre
- Morley Field Course Representative – Donny Olow
In addition to the selection of officers, a business meeting was held to discuss goals and plans for 2011. The following goals for 2011 were agreed upon for 2011:
- Get the 18 baskets owned by the S.D. Aces (formerly @ Emerald Isle) in the ground, so they can be played.
- Host more social events: barbecues, bag-tag challenges, clinics, youth events, women’s events, course work parties, etc.
- Improved communication with members via web site and e-mail newsletters.
- Enroll 400+ members! (2010 membership was 384)
Tentative events planned for 2011 run by or supported by the Aces:
- San Marcos Ice Bowl (Sat., Feb 26)
- Mission Bay Ice Bowl (date TBD)
- Spring Fling – Ams Saturday at Morley Field, Pros Sunday at Kit Carson Park
- World’s Biggest Disc Golf Weekend (early May)
- Sun Valley Open (early Fall)
- San Marcos Ace Race (early Fall)
- California State Flying Disc Championships (September/October)
- North County vs. South County Team Challenge (late 2011)
Over 100 disc golfers have either renewed their membership or joined anew already in 2011, so there are bag tags out in play. The new year brings with it some new membership discs from Innova: Champion Destroyers, Champion Orcs, Champion TeeBirds and KC Pro Aviars, all sporting a revised, larger club stamp than in past years. A limited number of DGA discs are still available as membership discs, for all of you Rogue, Tsunami, Squall or Reef fans out there. If you’re having a tough time finding a course rep to sign up with, the Aces will be holding a membership barbecue/bag tag challenge the weekend of Feb. 5th/6th (specific date and place TBD).
Help us support the growth of disc golf in San Diego County!